Re: [TenTec] ALC control

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ALC control
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:08:55 -0800
Hi George -

Adjust the ALC control down all the way to the left, then adjust your
drive control till the ALC light just barely flickers, that will be the
[stable] lowest power you can run CW (check with QRP wattmeter to see
what you get, I don't recall).  You can, of course, reduce the drive
further to lower the power more.  I recall the power would drift a bit
with time if I could not light the ALC LED, but that was the price of
lowering the power down so low :-)

Clark
WA3JPG

On Mar 10, 2007, at 1:25 PM, George Osier wrote:

> Just a bit of help here needed........... To run a Omni A at QRP
> levels I
> realize turning down the drive will bring the power down but I'm not
> so sure
> about the use of the ALC control ????
>
> Thanks !!!
>
> George , N2JNZ