Re: [TenTec] Orion 11

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 11
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 02:41:13 +0000
You say that you are new to HF.  I'm guessing that you will develope lots of
interest as you get acquainted with it. The best way to get your feet wet would
be with a good quality starter rig. One that will let you play with CW, Digital
(RTTY, PSK, etc) and SSB. You would do well to start with a good solid
performer like an older OMNI D series B or C or a Corsair. They will perform
more than adequately for rag chews, DX or contests and you can have your rig
and power supply for less than $600. You won't be compromising your enjoyment
either.
After you've had a season or so with that rig, you won't have to ask whether
you want to spent 4 big ones. You'll know.
Your call, but If I had $4k to spend on a new station, I'd put less that $1k in
the shack and spend the rest on the best sky hook I could find.
Good luck with whatever route you take. TenTec is second to none in factory
support and I love the performance of every one of mine
73
Dave
WA3MKB

From: "ram32" <ram32@pivot.net>