Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 04:51:51 -0800 (PST)
Hi Don,
   That fan really whines doesn't it. What I did was to remove
the cover, cut the fan wire and install a resistor (I don't
remember the value) to cut down the speed. Then I wired a mini
toggle switch across the resistor and mounted it with double
stick tape to the top of the heat sink. I can now run the fan at
slow speed or full speed as required and the mod is easily
removed if you so desire at a later date. You could also wire it
so that you could cut it off as well as have the two speeds.
73 Jim K4CGY