Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:07:34 -1000
My Paragons don't go down that low. I wanted to try to listen to SAQ on
17.2 kHz and found that my Paragon II only goes down to 99.9 kHz. When
KPH was on the air last week, I used the Paragon II to hear them on all
their HF frequencies. I was also able to hear them on 426 kHz with the
Paragon II, but I was not too impressed with the performance. Using my
160 meter (1/4 wavelength) inverted L, I expected the 426 kHz signal to
be much stronger that it was. I suspect the Paragon's sensitivity at 426
kHz is not too hot, and it is probably no better at 100 kHz.

How do you make yours work at 7.51 kHz?

DE N6KB