Re: [TenTec] grounding dipoles

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] grounding dipoles
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:13:23 -0400
Jason,

Assuming that the dipoles are each for separate bands, I'd suggest just
tying the coax together.  RF will always flow down the path of least
resistance (or reactance) so only the antenna that is cut for a particular
band will get the RF for that band at any one time.  (Yes, I know that's not
strictly and technically correct, but it's "close enough for government
work!")

Two and three vehicles back, when I had a rig to run HF mobile with and a
van big enough to stick antennas on, I tied multiple antennas (a 40 & 15
meter Ten-Tec mobile antenna & a trimmed ex-CB 1/4 wave whip) together on a
common coax.  Because of the close proximity, I had to add a trimmer
capacitor to the whip, but otherwise, no problem connecting them together
and running them that way!

I'd further assume that the three antennas each have a separate feed... or
are you running a remote coax switch?  Either way... if you're running three
coax runs, save the "extra" two for future antenna projects; if you're
running a remote switch, save it for another future use.

Enjoy!

73