Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs 746 PRO

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs 746 PRO
From: "Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:08:53 -0500
Dave wrote>>>>>as to fan,  I'm yet to run digital modes, just
CW, so not sure I have needed it.<<<<<<

On may Jupiter and before that on the Pegasus I needed the fan for CW.  I rag
chew on 80 and 40 meters and for the "Old Buzzard" type of qso's the heat sink
would get very warm at 20 to 30 wpm, I have the fan on the Orion also so I just
go and make the long rag chew and now don't worry about the heat, it also keeps
the cabinet cool.  So if you are doing the slower fast back and forth type of
contact the fan is not needed.  I also run the Orion on PSK 31 at 50 watts out,
I just feel good with the fan.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio