Re: [TenTec] interference

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] interference
From: Arthur Bernstein <n2ka@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:00:34 -0500
I have an OMNI VI/Ver.3 and I also notice a type of interference around 14.0305+/- a wee bit, depending upon mode setting of radio. Sounds like a 120hz tone. Maybe it's from my cable modem. Don't feel like turning it off. How many others have cable modems who hear the "noise"?
On my beam, up about 62feet, it's about s2-3. On the 160M INV-L or 40 meter sloper it's between S4-5.
Been noticing other "noises" mostly on 20 meters lately. The latest heard at approximately 100khz intervals, but not exactly 100 khz, 102, 103khz are examples. FWIW.??
Art, N2KA

Dennis DiGalbo wrote:

I've got a constant carrier at 14.030.50, but it is generated by my cable modem. Disappears when I unplug the cable modem.
K3VJ