[TenTec] Interference

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Interference
From: "Tim Heasman" <tim@g4lmh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 18:44:03 -0000
Hello All

There is a house near to me that has a tv that produces 9 +20 dB of noise.  It
is broadband and wall to wall on 40m.

I assume that it is from a PSU diode or perhaps a smps.

When they are watching tv, 40m is unusable.  If I walk around my house with a
sw portable the noise inreases when I get near the mains wiring.  Also if I go
near to the local cell mast, that is picking up the noise and reradiating.  I
had the mast shut down, and it did not go away.

All I can do is move to a house in the middle of a big field, and that is very
expensive in the u.k.

Perhaps they will move first, or the tv will die.

73 Tim G4LMH

PS, Iget so much spam from aol that all e-mail from there is filtered