[TenTec] early morning questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] early morning questions
From: vbbond@ix.netcom.com (Vince & Betty)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:06:42 -0800
      In my experience, I have found that the Heil Pro Set introduces a
white noise type of low level hiss when operating CW with narrow filters in
line (use of the LP or NR DSP facilities reduces or deletes this situation).
Perhaps this additional internally generated noise is due to the wider audio
pass band of the Pro Set headset.
      I currently use the Yaesu YH-55 headset which, because it is very
sensitive and requires little audio gain to produce adequate volume, does
not introduce any hiss when using CW filters. It's chief advantage to me is
that it appears to have a limited audio passband which peaks around 700-800
Hz, perfect for CW reception. Although not quite as comfortable as the Pro
Set, the YH-55 has been an excellent CW headset over the years.

     Vince/K7NA