[TenTec] Pegasus owner writing Pegasus software from N4PY

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus owner writing Pegasus software from N4PY
From: cjm@qvssoftware.com (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:35:53 -0500
I'm a long time TenTec fan having first purchased a TenTec OMNI A series B
in 1980.  I am an avid DXer.

I wrote the firmware for the TenTec Paragon II.  This was done on a stroke
of luck.
I had modified my Paragon I firmware and sent an EPROM with my new code
on it to TenTec to let them take a look at it.  As luck would have it,
TenTec was
getting ready to start working on the Paragon II and said my software was
very
close to what they wanted.  So, I ended up doing the Paragon II firmware
for
them.  It was fun.

I now have a Pegasus and because of my previous connections, I was
able to get their source code so I could hack away at it.  I have changed
many things.  I have eliminated all the menus on the front panel and added
a power output control to the front panel.  I have added band register
buttons for each ham
band for both CW and SSB.  I have also added band registers for the SWL
bands
and a scratch pad register for a total of 32 band registers.  I have a
TenTec
6 meter transverter and have made 6 meters a separate band so the display
actually reads in the 50 Mhz band when using the transverter.  I have added
a selection that allows the power level to be set by using the remote
tuning knob.
I have added RTTY as a new mode.

I have also added an external file interface to this software so that
remote
programs can both set and get frequency and mode information for the
Pegasus.  This allows my logging program to log automatically and my
packet terminal program to set frequencies from spots.

This is just a few of the things I have added.

I just started monitoring this forum and it looks like fun.

Carl Moreschi  N4PY
cjm@qvssoftware.com