[TenTec] Rice box bashing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rice box bashing
From: turner@rome.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 16:29:59 -0700
Well, this sounds right silly to me.

I am not insecure about Ten Tec being a good company making
a good radio.  I therefore do not need to put down the other
companies at all.

In fact, I have had very GOOD service from Kenwood over the
years, and enjoy their fine rigs.  Yes, I even chat with
service techs and get free parts once in a while.  They build
a quality product in general.

I am often among friends who choose rigs without recourse to
brand loyalty.  I am very interested in their reasons for buying
and keeping a rig, because there reasons are often technically
based and get me really thinking.

I have an OMNI VI on my desk because it does what I want to
at a cost I can afford, and I just plain like the darned thing.
I have other friends who question that, and ask about the
"best" rig as they are somehow convinced that there is one.
I don't see things that way.  I know a lot of other hams with
very, very high I.Q.'s who think the Kenwood 940 was best,
the Icom 765 was the "quietest," the Yaesu FT-1000D was the
best ever made, yadda yadda yadda.

I have had my OMNI VI next to many of these rigs and it does
what I want it to as well as or better than the others.  Works
for me.

I belong to the Kenwood list and we don't bash Ten Tec over
there.

Clark
WA3JPG