[TenTec] Re: Origin of Q-code QRNN

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Origin of Q-code QRNN
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 17:03:32 -0500
All,

My man in the ARRL came through with this:

Roy, I've found the original cite in th August 1931 issue of QST--that's a
bit before both our times on this planet. It was in a Stray on page 25 of
that issue:

W6KX suggests a new abbreviation, QRNN, meaning man-made static, power
leaks, etc. The difference between QRNN and plain QRN is that the former may
let up in a short time, while the latter, when bad, usually lasts for some
hours.

I hope this is helpful, but it's not one Q-signal I plan to adopt since QRN
pretty much covers it in my book.

73, Rick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rick Lindquist, N1RL