TRLog

[Trlog] TrLog/IC751A Doesn't Work - and I'm frustrated

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] TrLog/IC751A Doesn't Work - and I'm frustrated
From: "Tony Casciato, AI9X" <ai9x@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 05:12:05 +0100
I just bought a Piexx board to use Tr with my 751A (the silence was
deafening BTW on my last post). Would someone please tell me if this will
ever work, or do I need to forget it and eat the Piexx board.

I tried looking in the manual, I searched Google...nothing. I looked at the
README notes. I tried 6.72 and 6.73. I changed the baud rate to 4800. I
tried every combo of IC735, IC765, IC761, etc and nothing is working. Yes, I
even tried COM1 and COM2...Transceiver mode, 1 stop bit, 2 stop bits, etc.

IC751 and IC751A report errors...ok., if its not supported anymore why isn't
that mentioned somewhere (before I spent the money).

Am I hot? Yes. I like TR, but I am not a person who can just buy a new Orion
or MP so I have to make due with older rigs.

Suggestions? Help!? Piexx was two days to my door and very good on the
phone.

Here is the config file (one of many):
RADIO ONE TYPE = IC761
RADIO ONE RECEIVER ADDRESS = 28
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 2

Thanks!
Tony (maybe up too late to be working on this anyway)