TRLog

[TRLog] Running under Win98

Subject: [TRLog] Running under Win98
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:20:46 -0800
Hi, I'm new to the group.  Just got rebitten by the bug after 30 yrs or
so and now have contest fever again.  Have just purchased TR 6.54.
Managed to make it work for SS, now trying to get ready for CQ WW CW.

Many questions, all of which no doubt have been answered in the
archives.  If I knew how to search them I would have tried that first.
However, I don't see any way of doing that.

1.
Is there a way of searching the archives other than downloading them all
into my mail files?

2.
My computer runs Win98.  I don't want to restart it in DOS mode, I want
to run TR from Win98.  What do I have to do tell TR which directory to
look in for what it needs?  I don't care how I start TR, whether from a
win98 shortcut, from the RUN dialogue box, or by doubleclicking tr.exe
in the explorer file list, or even by running a .bat file using one of
those methods.  I'd even use Visual Basic if I had to.

3.
I want to use TR as my regular station log during casual (non-contest)
operating to record the usual stuff one would write in a paper log.  How
do I do this?  I confess I haven't read the manual (6.53) in its
entirety (although I will in due course).  I could find nothing in the
Table of Contents or Index to lead me to the the desired information.
Once again, it will be running under Win98.  I don't want to reboot the
computer just to record a casual QSO.

I'm sure there will be more questions, but these are the burning ones
for the moment.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim   VE7FO