[SECC] SC QSO Party Results

Subject: [SECC] SC QSO Party Results
From: knason00 at gmail.com (knason00)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:16:37 -0500
Hi Dave.

I did the state party just to give those people outside SC another state and/or
county. It seemed Todd did a lot of work on it and wanted to support his and
the club's efforts too.

I worked the SCQP one other time and did not like it. You only received mult
credit for SC counties. What I heard from SC stations was exactly what John
said. SC stations talking to  themselves on 40 and 80 meters while waiting for
the SC rovers to reach the next county. Not what I enjoy and I'll hazard a
guess it was not what people outside SC wanted either.

Having mult credit for both states and in state counties would be better, but
has similar problem.  I think it likely you would still have SC ops sitting
more on 40/80 as odds of snagging a mult is higher. That means less SC stations
available for the out of staters during the day and probably less overall
activity as a result. Few casual contesters, either in or out of state, will
stay up late until the low bands go long.

Your idea of awards sounds interesting.

Kevan
N4XL