[SECC] [nogaqrp] Headphone Quest

Subject: [SECC] [nogaqrp] Headphone Quest
From: pgraitc at me.com (Philip Graitcer)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:28:50 -0400
As a radio producer, I often wear headphones 6 hours a day. The most
comfortable by far are the Sony 7506 phones. They are over the ear and come
with a 9' coiled cord. Ear pads and cord are replaceable.
Frequency response is full range 10-20k, more than you need for CW work. But I
have not seen the ham specific headphones have any different or better specs.
with a K3 you are able to use the built in equalizer to heighten the 10-3,000
range that you need if you are really keen on cutting out the higher frequent
sounds.
There is no other headphone I would use or recommend. They cost around 100 I
think. Best bought from B&H Audio.
I can bring mine to meetings if you want to see them.
Phil, W3HZZ

Sent from my iPad