[SECC] NE Dominance - Stir the Pot

Subject: [SECC] NE Dominance - Stir the Pot
From: gmacie at yahoo.com (Gordon Macie)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:28:40 -0700 (PDT)
This is from the contest reflector but not about the arrl dx. It was posted by
K1ZM about the passing of W1ZM. I guess all the best contesters in the country
have always lived in W1 and W2 land. 1972 was before my time as a ham.

Gordon N4LR

I first met Jerry at a Murphy's Marauders club meeting held at Roger Kaul's

(W1FLM) house in Glastonbury CT. ?I recall driving down Roger's street and

as I neared his home - the cars lining the driveway were most of the TOP 10

single op finishers in the 1972 ARRL DX CW Test - eg: K1VTM, K1THQ, W1FBY,

W1BGD/2, K1ZZ, WB2OEU (K2TR), WA1PID, WA1KID etc - what a talented group of

contesters - all in the same club and in the same room!