[SECC] [Contest] Bad weather

Subject: [SECC] [Contest] Bad weather
From: k4wi at earthlink.net (Courtney Judd K4WI)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 08:34:11 -0600
I just walked out and took another look.... the anchors and guy wires all were
ok.... the tower failed right above the first guy wire set at 30 ft. The tower
is all twisted about 180 deg... in other words it didn't simply come straight
down. Also found one guy wire broke on the 110 ft 45 tower... lucky it didn't
come down also. Straight line lines or tornado... same results... a real mess
but looks like I'll have a bunch of short booms and elements to do something
with! , Cort