[SECC] improving 160 results

Subject: [SECC] improving 160 results
From: w8ji at w8ji.com (Tom W8JI)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 12:41:21 -0500
> It will be very hard to outscore VY2ZM when Jeff can work Europe at noon
> local time. This past weekend, VY2ZM finished with twice the scores of
> K1DG and K8PO (the top 2 US finishers last year). However, in the CQ 160
> contests, Canada and stateside are in separate categories, so VY2ZM
> doesn't matter. I think it's encouraging that the top two finishers in
> SOHP this year were both in the South (K3ZM in Virginia and Tom here).

Right. VY2ZM is so far east and north and in Canada where points are
different for USA contacts, so it no longer matters. Non-issue totally.

The USA is still close, but here are some statistics to Germany:

My QTH 42 degrees 4644 mi  1885 miles to clear saltwater (VO1)
W1 50 degrees 3706 miles 886 miles to clear saltwater (VO1)
VY2              3195 miles 460 miles to clear saltwater (VO1)

73 Tom