[SECC] [Contest] Leo Meyerson, W0GFQ, to turn 100 on Februay 24

Subject: [SECC] [Contest] Leo Meyerson, W0GFQ, to turn 100 on Februay 24
From: w4nbs at bellsouth.net (Thomas Schwinn)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:15:14 -0800 (PST)
Hi, John and thanks for forwarding this.

When I was just getting into this hobby as a teenager back in the late 60's, I
remember seeing WRL ads in the magazines and hearing those Globe Kings on 75M
AM.

Sending a QSL card to Leo is a great idea.

73, Tom, W4NBS

________________________________
From: John Laney <k4bai at att.net>
To: SECC at contesting.com; Southeastern DX Club <SEDXC at contesting.com>;
ALQP ACG
<contest at alabamacontestgroup.org>; w4cvy at yahoogroups.com; FoxHunt
<qfox at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, January 19, 2011 10:19:00 AM

Old timers will remember Leo, who owned WRL (World Radio Labs) in Council
Bluffs, IA that produced the Globe series of ham transmitters, Globe Trotter,
Globe Scout, Globe King, etc.  Also he printed QSL cards for many new hams in
the 1950s.  QCWA Chapter 154 in West Palm Springs, CA will be celebrating Leo's
birthday on February 24, 2011 when he will turn 100 years old.  Those who wish
to join in that celebration are asked to send a QSL card with "Happy 100th
Birthday Leo" on it and send it to Leo Meyerson, W0GFQ, 19 Park Lane, Rancho
Mirage, CA  92270.

Leo has remained active in QCWA over the years.

This information forwarded from QCWA president Bob, N0UF via Carl Smith, N4AA,
editor and publisher of QRZ DX.

I intend to do that and hope some of the others of you will do so too. 73,
John,
K4BAI.