[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NCCC NA Sprint Practice 5/16/08

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NCCC NA Sprint Practice 5/16/08
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:17:54 -0400
I hit the wrong button and the 3830 submission went off before I could
add comments.  Activity and mults down this week, no doubt in large part
due to Dayton, but maybe also because it is not a Ladder event.  I
discovered after 10 minutes on 20M that I was using the 40M dipole there
rather than the TH6!  Doubt it made much difference, but maybe I could
have worked W5CT for a TX mult on that band with the beam since I had
worked him in the slow speed event on 20 and heard him during NS, but no
QSO.  20 M was OK to the west (TX west).  40M was OK with no significant
long skip and good signals from N4AF in NC.  80M was OK, but there was
almost no activity there.  Worked TX, WI, NC, and NY there and heard
only those four stations.  Went back to 40M for the last QSO.  Don't
know that the 2 kHZ spread was needed last night with such minimum
activity.  Welcome to N0QXW in MT.  Still, it was fun.  Last week, I was
at a tennis tournament in Rome, GA and listened to the activity on 40
and 80M with an all band transistor radio.  Next week, I should be QRV
as 6Y/K4BAI from Jamaica.  73, John.

                    NCCC Sprint - May 16

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI