[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:30:07 -0400
Last week's claimed scores:

1.  CQ M (Russian) DX Contest
Call    CW Q  Ph Q  Mult  Score   Category     Time    State
N4PN    199   514   73    96,650  SOSB/20HPMix 17      GA
KR4F    100     0   40    11,560  SOABCWHP      4      AL
K1ZZI    43     0   17     1,989  SOABCWHP      0.7    GA
N4GG     43     0   19     1,785  SOABCWHP      1      GA
K2SX     24     0   17     1,088  SOABCWHP      1.5    SC

2.  NCCC Ladder 5/9
N4OGW  58  26  1,508  SOLP  0.5  MS

3.  Straight Key Century Club Weekend SKS
K4ZGB  56  30  1,895  SOLP  4.0   AL
K4BAI  26  17    542  SOHP  1:15  GA

This week's contests:

1.  NS and SNS Thursday Night Local.  Slow speed up to 22 wpm 0200-0215
UTC Friday.  40 and 20 M.  Regular session NS (not ladder series),
0230-0259Z Friday.  Exchange:  both calls, #, name, SPC.  TWO kHZ QSY
rule.  Dupes OK after band change or intervening QSO.  160, 80, 40, 20
CW.  Power limited to 100 watts.

2.  His Majesty King of Spain CW Contest.  12Z Sat to 12Z Sun.  160-10M
CW.  Exchange:  RST + serial # or EA province.  EA province
abbreviations are contained in the rules.  Work everyone.

3.  Manchester Mineira All America CW Contest.  15Z Sat to 2350Z Sun.
80-10M CW  Exxchange:  RST + Continent Abbreviation (NA or SA).  Members
of CWJF add "/M" and QRP stations add "/QRP."  QSOs are limited to NA
and SA stations.

4.  Baltic Contest.  21Z Sat to 02Z Sun.  80M CW and SSB.  Exchange:
RS(T) + Serial #.  Work anyone.  Frequencies are:  CW:  3510 -3600.
SSB:  3600-3650 and 3700-3750.  (That leaves me out unless someone
listens "up.")

5.  Flying Pigs QRP Club Run for the Bacon (May).  Sunday night local,
01-03Z Mon.  160-10M CW.  QRP 5W max.  Exchange:  RST + SPC + FP# or
power out.

I will need to mow the lawn this weekend, but hope to make some QSOs in
the Spain and CWJF contests and will call any I hear in the Baltic test.
  I should be full time in the FP on Sunday night.  Hope some of you
will turn your rigs down to 5W and join in the fun.  20M has been
staying open that late some nights and 40 and 80 should be good if QRN
isn't too high.

The Spain and CWJF contests are not huge successes, but every year there
appears to be more activity in each and the CWJF is much more popular
since it was expanded to include NA (until a year or two ago, it was
limited to South America).  The Baltic Contest is usually very popular
in Europe without a lot of activity from the Americas. However, we
should be able to hear and work the bigger European stations on CW at
least.  The FP QRP event is usually well attended and 40 or more QSOs
should be possible with 5 watts and a decent antenna or two.

I will be leaving next Wednesday for Jamaica for the CQ WPX CW contest
from 6Y1V, so I will try to do the summary for this weekend on Tuesday.
We will be four ops (KY1V, K4BAI, N7ZG, XE1AY) in the multi-two class.
Outside the contest, we will be QRV as 6Y/homecalls.  I will handle my
non-contest QSLs and 6Y1V QSLs go via OH3RB, see QRZ.COM for his
requirements.  Hope to work many of you inside and outside the contest.
  I will return on Monday after the contest.  This and other recent and
upcoming travel commitments are the cause of my not being in Dayton this
year.  Hope everyone who goes has a good time.  Be sure to try to KCDXC
CW Pile up competition.  It is great fun and some will win nice prizes.

Several SECC members will be operating single band entries from NQ4I,
while Rick rebuilds antennas for some other bands.  Remember that same
country QSOs now count for points as well as for multipliers, so give
each other some points.

73,

John, K4BAI.