[SECC] GQP

Subject: [SECC] GQP
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:52:04 -0000
Never would have guessed I would have a 125 first hour!  Thanks to all
the guys who did the publicity - folks were still calling in from
everywhere right to the close last night.  40 was tough here in the
early evening due to QRN and the QRN stayed up pretty good on 80 through
to the end.  Mobile signals were stronger than I remember hearing them
before - which made the final hours fun on 80 as I could work the
mobiles when other calls slowed down.  OM2VL called in on 40, then moved
me to 80 and then to 160.  There is at least one EU station looking for
a plaque!  This will be the best GQP ever - for participation and
interest.  Wonder what it would take to get every SECC and SEDXC member
to turn their radio on today for at least 15 minutes?

73 Hal

N4GG