[SECC] GQP re-defined

Subject: [SECC] GQP re-defined
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:46:31 +0000
Tom and Others...

 I think the W4AN operation in GQP last year was the first time anyone has done
a MM in the GQP.
I wasn't even aware there was a plaque until I looked at the list on the
webpage. I think 2006
was the first time a MM plaque was offered. I wonder if it's necessary to even
offer that plaque since there will probably never be an entry in that category
unless something takes place at NQ4I.. But I do think Rick's operation should
be rewarded in some way for promoting the GQP by having a signal on all the
bands.  I think the bonus points like how the K4TCG in TQP works would work
well.

I ran the GQP in 2003/2004 and Mike, NE4S took it over again in 2005. The list
of plaques has grown
since that time. I am wondering if that extra plaque money could be better used
to offer some prizes like the GA gift baskets, like we did last year. When I
came up with the idea of the gift baskets it was mimicing what they do in the
CQP by giving away the bottles of wine for the top 20 scores. That has seemed
to work well for them.

I think the plaques should be just offered for the top QRP/LP/HP all mode
entries in GA/Outside GA/ DX like we always had done in the past. I would not
break it down by mode because we want everyone to work all modes/bands.

Jeff  KU8E

P.S to K2SX - I'm not sure I'm really an "up and coming contester". If you look
at my results back 20
years ago I did much better then when I was young ,single and operated as a
"hired gun" at "real" contest stations. Since I have moved to GA I have had a
modest station , a young family to raise and no access to a "real" contest
station which have limited my contesting efforts to casual type operations from
home.... Thanks for your nice comment any way.....