[SECC] Member Support

Subject: [SECC] Member Support
From: nq4i at contesting.com (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:55:21 -0400
Hi Fred....I have to agree with what Fred is saying here....as a M-M, we live
or die by spots....its helps us when we are spotted; and we are not allowed to
spot ourselves.....a spot can accomplish a lot of things...when the band is
nearly dead, it can show that there is propagation when most people think its
just a dead band...and when the band is hot, the swarm of callers can increase
rapidly when we get spotted helping our overall rate....

But lets take this to another step....lets assume that we are in the CQWW SSB
test...the subject becomes zero pointers!! I love to work other SECC
members...but the rules of CQWW will not reward me with any score what so ever
if I work the same zero point station on one band or six!!! Spot me, but
Puleeeeeze don't work me on all 6 bands in cqww...doesn't do anyone any good at
all!!

If its WPX, then that another story!!! We need your qso on every band
possible....a litle knowlege of the rules goes a long ways...we are supposed to
be a contest club....

Bottom line...support the club members by spotting them on the bands...work
them when it will help their bottom line score....and submit a score for the
SECC...

I require that my mult stations spot and do so aggressively....if other
stations see that we are spotting with regularity, then they might just work us
too....de Rick NQ4I