[SECC] GQP Rover Discussion

Subject: [SECC] GQP Rover Discussion
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:21:03 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to Jim for putting the line sitting discussion up.

I had put a note out to my list of past rovers asking about multi vehicle
rovers.  I did not get any action from them on that topic.
Matt Lee proposed it for a variation on rover activity allowing more than one
vehicle in a rover run.
The only response I got indicated a doubt about getting more Qs and also
concern over getting fewer rovers out.  So I dropped that one.

Line sitting has always been a hot topic, and I defer to the rover gang on how
to do it.
Software is not a problem on the score making side, but some loggers might be
clumsy.

Jeff's note about multipliers might be worth more thought.??

The two day format is probably the best way we get more counties on the air.

Also we could put up an award for a sweep on a mode-less basis.  Just work them
any mode, count them all.

An option for a home station to include a rover trip might get some more
counties activated, might have some issues tho.
Any other ideas folks?

More later,
Mike, NE4S

Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.