[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:09:06 -0500
1.  OK RTTY DX Contest
Call     QSOs  DX Mul  OK Mul  Score    Category  Time  State
K9MUG     294   77      15      87,676  SOABHP    10    AL
WW4LL*     225  55       2      31,179  M/S HP     8.8  GA
WX4TM      185  50       3      25,440  SOABHP    ~8    AL
N4KG        97  67       6      22,244  M/S HP     8    AL
KE4KWE     111  29       2       8,649  SOABLP     7    AL
AE4Y        62  17       0       2,924  SOABLP     3    GA

*Ops at WW4LL:  WW4LL, K4ZJ.

2.  Croatian CW Contest
K4BAI       69   29              7,076  SOABHP     3:11 GA

3.  Flying Pigs QRP Club Run for the Bacon
K4BAI       11    9                297  5W QRP     0:41 GA

The only contest I know of this coming weekend that we could likely make
QSOs in is the Annual RAEM Contest.  It runs 02 to 0959 UTC on Sunday
(Saturday night).  It is CW only on 80-10M.  Exchange is serial # and
your latitude and longitude in degrees only.  You can get this from the
Buckmaster Ham Call website.  Just type in your call and the detail will
give you lattitude and longitude.  Just use the whole numbers, for
example, mine would be 32N, 84W.  The abbreviations are N, W, S, O.  O
equals East.  There is sometimes a good bit of activity from Europe in
this one, including on the low bands.  You can earn extra points by
working Polar stations or the memorial station, RAEM.  I worked the real
RAEM several times in my youth and have a QSL from him.

There is also a German-sponsored Christmas Contest on Tuesday morning
during the wee hours here.  I don't think we will likely have much
propagation to Europe during those hours outside really major contests.
  In an case, it's hard to get up and on the air during those hours, for
me at least.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and happy new year.  Be sure to be
prepared for 160 meters the next weekend in the annual Stew Perry TBDC.
  I will be guest op at W8JI signing W4AN and looking for all of you on
top band.  That same weekend should also bring the annual RAC Canada
Winter Contest and also Straight Key Night.  I now have an actual
straight key easily accessible for use during such events.

73,

John, K4BAI.