[SECC] For the Advancement of Amateur Radio

Subject: [SECC] For the Advancement of Amateur Radio
From: w4nti at mindspring.com (Daniel Jeswald)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:04:07 -0600
ARRL never supported NO CODE.  In fact they requested FCC to KEEP some CW,
at LEAST the 5WPM for the Extra.

And prior to that they NEVER asked for such a large expansion of the 80
meter phone band.

And prior to that,  all the way back to the 70s when the NO CODE crowd
started their campaign,  the ARRL was AGAINST the ellimination of CW
TESTING.  Later on the DID modify their stand,  due to trying to get the
new NO CODE Technicians into the League.  Which didn't work.

I really get tired of folks blaming the ARRL for things they didn't do.
Now if they did it,  move over I'll be the first one to complain.

Dan/W4NTI

the "Bash" books will be making a rebound so all they have to do is just
memorize the answers to the test questions... Kenwood will start making
channelized radios because turning a VFO (i.e tuner) is too much of a pain.
You will be able to buy them at just about any truck stop... Who needs a
VFO anyway since me and my buddies have a net on this channel (sorry i
meant frequency !) and if you QRM me I'm just going to turn on my BIG amp

>   I think I'm just going to stick to doing CW. The amateur radio that we
all know and love now will only exist on the CW bands... Thanks a lot
ARRL....