[SECC] For the Advancement of Amateur Radio

Subject: [SECC] For the Advancement of Amateur Radio
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:50:19 -0500
   You think the phone bands are bad now. Just wait until all those CBers who
couldn't figure out the
code to get a amateur license before join our ranks. I can see it now - the
"Bash" books will be making a rebound so all they have to do is just memorize
the answers to the test questions... Kenwood will start making channelized
radios because turning a VFO (i.e tuner) is too much of a pain.  You will be
able to buy them at just about any truck stop... Who needs a VFO anyway since
me and my buddies have a net on this channel (sorry i meant frequency !) and if
you QRM me I'm just going to turn on my BIG amp

  I think I'm just going to stick to doing CW. The amateur radio that we all
know and love now will only exist on the CW bands... Thanks a lot ARRL....

Jeff