[SECC] SS Antenna

Subject: [SECC] SS Antenna
From: lee.hiers at gmail.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:25:42 -0400
On 10/19/06, Ed <k4sb at comcast.net> wrote:

> I modeled the antenna using EZNEC Pro 4.41 and while it is true that
> higher radiation angles come into effect, the same thing happens
> if you just omit the lower wire.

I modeled something similar years ago, when I first got ELNEC, and as
I recall, the reflector is too close to the ground to cause much
effect.  If you could raise the antenna up to where the reflector was
~60' up or so, it would have more effect...but then the angle would be
too high.

I think the antenna is an urban legend, at least as far as actual
performance goes...not to mention that even if it did what expected,
it wouldn't help us a whole lot down here.

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
"Have Dobro Will Travel"