[SECC] SS Antenna

Subject: [SECC] SS Antenna
From: RadioIR at charter.net (K4SAV)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:03:47 -0500
No, you got the message correctly. That optimum angle of 40 to 80
degrees elevation for him becomes 20 to 35 degrees for us. So if you are
going to have a reflector, better put it behind the antenna at the same
height as the antenna. Actually a 40 meter yagi at about 50 feet would
beat most everything for SS on 40 meters. If you only have a dipole,
optimum height for us would be around 70 feet.

Jerry, K4SAV