[SECC] [SEDXC] Dunwoody Antenna

Subject: [SECC] [SEDXC] Dunwoody Antenna
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 9:40:16 -0400
Jay,

Thanks for forwarding this story. This brings back memories of what a good
friend of mine -
John Thernes, WM4T (now W4ZN), went thru. I knew John when I lived in Ohio and
did several
contests from his house. For those who don't know, he was the first case to win
that cited the PRB-1
legislation. He was in court for almost 5 years and had to go to the federal
appeals court to win
his case. His case (Thernes v. City of Lakeside Park) , is cited in just about
any case involving antennas/towers. See http://www.qsl.net/k3qk/thernes2.html.
I had lost touch with John  over the years and it was nice to run into him at
the Dayton Hamvention this year...

73, Jeff  KU8E