[SECC] Claimed Score, K4TD, CQWW CW - 2005

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Score, K4TD, CQWW CW - 2005
From: w4nti at mindspring.com (Dan/W4NTI)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:22:23 -0600
All these tricks of the trade are what is known as the "learning process".
Any serious contester, DXer, or a radioactive ham knows these.  Or
should....hi.

Another major modern day factor is the DX Cluster.   Care to count how many
times you see a station posted and "DEAD ON TOP" of whatever is going on you
hear a multitude of callers?

Lots of listening there I am sure.

Another thing that happens is folks don't KNOW MORSE at any speed any more.
At least that is the way it seems.  Otherwise why would someone post W4TNI
on the cluster,  and I got bunches of dupes in just a few minutes?
Uh......I had been on that particular freq for several minutes BTW.

I was unaware of that,  at that particular moment till after the contest and
I pulled up my call to see how many spots I got.  Quite a few
actually.......then for grins I pulled variations that usually happen when
lids copy my call wrong.....yep   W4TNI,  same time, date and right where I
was running.     This was during Sweeps BTW.

So, IMHO, it is more than just a problem of poor operating.  It's also poor
training to say the least.

Dan/W4NTI