[SECC] SS Club Competition - Going for the Gavel

Subject: [SECC] SS Club Competition - Going for the Gavel
From: w4atl at earthlink.net (Sherman Banks)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:04:19 -0400
My plan is to be ready to put up FT HP efforts in both CW and SSB for
this year's SS with the idea of maximizing scores for the club
competition.  I am in the process of installing a tri-band antenna at a
friend's house which should be done by Sunday.  A 40M beam is already in
the air.  If all goes well, I will be ready for a high power effort in
November SS.  I have been limited to LP in the past due to the fact that
I am in a subdivision.

The only question in my mind is to do SO or Assisted.  Assisted may help
in getting that last multiplier, but may not affect the final score that
much.

We should not get close to getting into the Unlimited category, so do
not worry about not submitting a log.  We need to get people on the air
for both contests.  Let's get enthusiastic about this contest and win
the club category.

I will let you know more details on my SS plans as things come together.