[SECC] Fw: GaQP W4NTI Single Op LP

Subject: [SECC] Fw: GaQP W4NTI Single Op LP
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:55:52 -0400
On Apr 11, 2005, at 8:15 PM, Dan/W4NTI wrote:

> 40 is a mess.......I noticed 72.30, 33, 35 were occupied by
> "groups"....ALL
> DAY.   Then you have a slight slot till 48, where there is another
> "group"
> that is on all day.  Then at 51 to 58 you have the various CARS groups.

I managed to have quite a good time on 7243 on Saturday.

Although on Sunday I was calling away on 7230.3 when two strong
carriers came on the frequency. I ignored them. After about 5 minutes
of tuning, the tuning stopped and two guys started talking on 7230 --
just 300 Hz below me!

I moved down and told them very politely that the frequency was in use.
They stood by for a while, but I eventually had to leave the frequency,
since I wasn't getting any takers.

I didn't catch any calls. Sounded like a couple of guys using amps to
talk across town.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901