[SECC] Claimed Score, Last Weekend's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Score, Last Weekend's Contests
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:46:21 -0500
On Mar 30, 2005, at 10:47 AM, John Laney wrote:

>  I suspect K4EA using his club call NJ4U had a big score and suspect
> he was
> SB(A)15HP.

A rather unfortunate incident occurred just a couple of hours before
the end of the contest.

I had found a frequency on 15m that seemed relatively clear. I asked
"Is this frequency in use?" Twice. No answer. I then started calling
CQ. After about a minute, a station calls in, clearly a backscatter
signal, and asks - "What's your call?" I answer with my call and after
a couple of tries we make the exchange. (It is backscatter, and so a
little difficult)

However, after he confirms the contact, he starts calling CQ! I tried
several times to call him, but he ignores me and continues to call CQ.
The station was NJ4U.

Now, I've had my frequency stolen before -- but never by anyone in my
own contest club!

That's just plain rude and poor operating. Certainly not in the spirit
that founded this club.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901