[SECC] GQP

Subject: [SECC] GQP
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:16:01 -0500
I agree 100% with Jay....   I was pretty enthusiatic about turning around the
GQP when I first took it
over because I turned the Ohio QSO party into a successful QSO party from
basically nothing. But if the club (SECC and SEDXC) doesn't support GQP by
operating and sending in their scores then all the work I have done doesn't
really matter.

I apolgize for my delays in getting the results out but I feel pretty
pestimistic about the GQP because of the lack of support.  I just haven't felt
like working on it because of that. We are to a point that I need to get the
results out since the 2005 contest is only a month away and I want to live up
to my commitments.

For those of you that are saying we have only concentrating of getting mobiles
active and haven't promoted the contest to all the clubs inside Georgia you
don't know what you are talking about...  The awards program in the last couple
years has been expanded mostly in the "fixed" station categories. We had only
one rover plaque up until last year. The contest has been promoted the just
about every "local" radio club in the state. Every Georgia ARRL club was sent a
press release about the QSO party.  The SCM also publicized the party in her
newsletter.  If the local clubs choose not to publicize GQPat their
meetings/newsletters or whatever... that is not our fault. There is only so
much we can do as far as promotion. I am almost embaressed th publish results
were there is 3 times more participation from outside GA as compared to inside
the state. That just shows the lack of support.

The bottom line is that If there is not an interest in having a state QSO party
in Georgia then the contest should be discontinued.

73, Jeff