[SECC] K4NO NAQP Score SECC 3

Subject: [SECC] K4NO NAQP Score SECC 3
From: k4no at mchsi.com (Greg Richard)
Date: Wed Jan 12 22:03:38 2005
Sri to get this in late, had to prepare for a sales trip that started bright
and early Monday morning and put about 1,100 miles on the truck in 2 days.
Ended up in Charleston, SC monday night and drove back on Tuesday.  Sales
trips have more meaning when you own the company although that eats into
contest time. I did pick up several monobanders from a guy in SC on the way
back, hopefully, I won't put them in the pile with all the other stuff in
storage but up in the air where they belong.  The hilight (?) of the trip
was getting to change a flat tire around 8 PM last night on I-75 in North
Atlanta.  It was the tire on the interstate side so the excitement factor
was much higher.  On the bright side, it was a good night for changing
tires, no rain, temperature was pretty nice.  Oh yeah, there was a contest
score in here somewhere...

The low bands were really noisy here. I find it interesting to see how many
folks over in GA and SC mention the low QRN on 80 and 160. Must have been a
local phenomonia.   The RTTY QRM on 40 was pretty bad at times.  I was
CQ'ing around 7339.6 and got run off the frequency so I slid down about 1/2
KC and it starts all over. Not sure if it was intentional or just bad
operating.

160    92 x 31
80     173 x 43
40     164 x 47
20      89 x 37
15      23 x 13
10      17 x 8

     558 x 179    99,882

SO1R about 8 hrs op time.  Gotta fix the other computer so I can get the 2nd
radio back on line.  I saw some pretty good scores from guys I never heard
in the contest due to only having 1 radio.

Late 20 meter QSY with W4OC  netted me SC on that bad but no joy on 15M
Several other QSY attempts worked and some didn't.

Greg K4NO