[SECC] Station Improvements

Subject: [SECC] Station Improvements
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Wed Jan 5 01:20:35 2005
I have fixed the broken 3rd director on my old KT34XA but noticed the
overhead structs have broken.  Mine has the old thin aircraft cable and I
plan to replace those with 3/8" kevler.

I replaced the cap hat on one side of the Cushcraft 40 meter beam and still
have to figure a way to reach the other side to replace
the cap hat there.

I have one 80 meter Mor-Gain vertical dipole up but not as high as I would
like.  I tried to bring the 160 dipole L but one side is stuck in a branch
at 50 feet.  Same for my 160 Modified Multee.

Like N4XP I am looking for someone who can help get those down and who can
get a rope further up two or three trees.  I have a 75lb bow but the problem
is that the branches are so thick that bow, sling, and casting reel all
catch in the branches.  At least the two hurricanes cleaned out all the
arrows and associated nylon ropes that have stuck in the trees over the past
27 years.

73 Dave K4JRB