[SECC] HZ1AB

Subject: [SECC] HZ1AB
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Thu Sep 30 13:14:10 2004
Seems for various reasons stations set up for mostly military or commercial
use are threatened all over the world.   The station on Diego Garcia (VQ9)
was closed by the military but saved by the merchant marine.  V73 was also
told they would close down.  Seems the military say they are no longer
needed for traffic purposes and they cannot afford the expense for
recreational purposes.
Even W3ADO at the US Naval Academy has been threatened with closing down.

Guess ham radio is in disfavor with the military funding.

73 Dave K4JRB