[SECC] CQWW RTTY

Subject: [SECC] CQWW RTTY
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (K4SB)
Date: Tue Sep 28 00:55:46 2004
2004 CQ World-Wide RTTY DX Contest

CALL: K4SB___ Single OP., All Band Low

   QSOs Points Zones DX: States Multipliers Score

40m:  161 312 13 37 34
20m:  155 342 18 50 32 ( btw exactly 100 mults on 20 )
15m:  208 553 20 53 16
10m:    6 16   4  5  1
Total: 530 1226  56 146 83  285

349410 points for the Club.

Well, gotta enter my tale of woe. Made several contacts before the
start time, and all OK. Then, test starts and I cannot get FSK. Just a
steady carrier. Gave up about 2100 so lost the first night.

Next morning, went back down to trouble shoot, and everything worked
like a charm. And yes, I did try several re boots on Fri. night.

Conditions were great, but the paths on 15 and 20 were skewed at times
to where I just
couldn't figure them out. Plus, go figure a 9M2/ on 40 at 1400 local.
Also a HL, and heard HS1. Couldn't get him.

Sure wish we could interest more guys in the SECC to give RTTY a try.
With a bunch of us on, and maybe a multi at NQ4I, we would be a
serious threat!

Again, ALL you need is a sound card. And then sit back, turn the
volume down, drink a beer or so and just mouse click away.

73 and congrats to the other guys.

Ed