[SECC] CQWW RTTY Results

Subject: [SECC] CQWW RTTY Results
From: davemoss at mindspring.com (davemoss@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 23:23:46 2004
I managed to get in about 8-10 hours of the RTTY contest and finally
managed to get Writelog working with the PK-232/DSP.  Once I got that up
and running it made the contest a great experience!  Thanks to several
of you who offered suggestions on Friday, and especially to KN6RO.

I was limited to search and pounce mode, but there was plenty enough
activity to keep things interesting.  I did try CQing for a bit Saturday
afternoon, and as I was afraid it would, the center resistor on the B&W
dipole get hot enough to melt the rope holding up the dipole.  As one
would expect, performance wasn't that good, but I did make a couple
stateside contacts with the dipole laying down in the yard.  Managed to
get it back up, with a better hanging arrangement, but I kept the duty
cycle down for the rest of the contest.  :-)

                   QSOs           Points            Zones            DX:
States/Prov
80m:             20                22                  4
2                   12
40m:             58                105                12
19                  16
20m:           112               261                15
44                  21
15m:           133               333                16
45                  11
10m:              1                3                   1
1
Total:          324                724                48
111                60

Total Multipliers:  219
Total Score:  158556
Station Description:  TS-950SDX, PK-232/DSP, AL-82
Antenna(s):  B&W Multi-band folded dipole
Operators:  KE4UW