[SECC] re: RTTY Contest

Subject: [SECC] re: RTTY Contest
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 13:15:11 2004
 Hi All...

  If you look at http://www.writelog.com/support/SoundBoardSetup.htm

  I have the parts -  2 of the Radio Shack 273-1374 isolation transformers.

  I am building one for the sound card recieve audio with would come from the
  headphone jack of the radio and to the LINE IN on the soundcard.

  The other one would go from the LINE OUT of the soundcard to the MIC of the
  radio.

  From what I understand I will be running AFSK so I need to have the radio on
  LSB and have the VOX ON.

  On the wiring diagrams they just have a box for the radio and one for the
soundcard. They have black/white on one side and yellow/red on the other.
Which of these combinations go to the center connection on each side of the
diagram ???

  I can't run FSK because my computer has only 1 serial port and I am using
that for radio control.

 I have used the MMTTY program to listen before but have never transmitted. I
also have the N1MM program and I guess that will interface to the MMTTY
program. I will have to read up on that.

Hopefully I will get this hooked up and working and can hand out some RTTY
contacts to you guys....

                      73, Jeff