[SECC] Alabama QSO Party this Sunday

Subject: [SECC] Alabama QSO Party this Sunday
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue Sep 21 15:20:05 2004
Hello all:

Jeff, KU8E, has called my attention to the following webpage:
http://web.dbtech.net/~dxcc/page0004.htm.  That indicates that the
annual Alabama QSO Party will be held this Sunday, September 26, 2004.
It has been held on Saturdays in teh past, but I assume this is an
intentional change.  It runs from 18 Z to 24 Z.  I am thinking it will
not conflict as much with the Texas QSO Party on Sunday as it used to on
Saturday.  Jeff and I are considering a mobile operation in Alabama.
This is a short contest and could be fun.  I especially hope our Alabama
members will support it.  Maybe some others of could go into Alabama and
give out mobile counties, or go portable, or operate as a guest at some
Alabama station that might not otherwise be active.  NE4S with KD3UC
went mobile in the contest a few years ago.  Otherwise, please be on the
lookout for and work any Alabma stations you hear in the contest.

73,

John, K4BAI.