[SECC] Answers de WB4SQ

Subject: [SECC] Answers de WB4SQ
From: wb4sq at yahoo.com (Gary McConville)
Date: Mon Sep 6 19:20:25 2004
1.  What got you interested in ham Radio?
The humongous quad I saw 60ft over someones house as I was peddling a
bike at age 12.  Or was it the 2-el 40M yagi?

2. What is your favorite mode and why?
Leaning towards cw.

3. What got you interested in contesting?
CQ WW in 2001

4. What is your favorite contest and why?
All Asian, especially when the spousal unit delivers sushi while qsoing
with JAs.

5.  What is your current station line up? Rigs, antennas, etc.
Two FT102s, SB220 (never used but ready)
Quad - 33l on 10, 12, 15; 2el on 17 & 20
Inv V bazookas on 30, 40, 80, unassembled Unihat for 160M

6. Besides radio, what do you do for fun?
Rescuing & fostering abandoned domestic rabbits.  Also write VB code.

7.  What do you do for a living?
Support GA400 computers, networks, databases, users, etc...

8.  What improvements do you plan to make to your station before the
CQ WW SSB contest in Oct 2004?
Repair a damaged MFJ sound traded in a swap.  Plan to run NQ4I for CQWW
SSB 2004.

9.  How long have you been licensed?
28 years; since July 1976

10.  What part of the hobby do you like the least?
The idiots who knowingly xmit on the DXers freq when they're running split.