TT Re: [SECC] Club

Subject: TT Re: [SECC] Club
From: aldermant at alltel.net (Tommy)
Date: Sat Sep 4 12:39:26 2004
----- Original Message -----
From: "K4SB" <k4sb@bellsouth.net>

> Tommy wrote:
> snipped
> > The SECC elect's club officers...what for?....how do they promote the
club?....evidentally that is not their job?....what is their job?

> I would think even the most cusary examination of the C & Bls would
> answer every single one of those questions. The questions are purely
> provocative!

Absolutely not! Is there an answer? Heck, my communication from the SECC was
to be welcomed as a new member. What the heck is C & Bls?

> ------------------------
> > There is no face to face information exchange...how do you work a
particular contest...how do you install a tower...what is you experience
under contest conditions of radio brand x?...Are quads a better contest
antenna that a yagi?....Oh yea....the reflector.

> Tommy completely overlooks the fact that when a member posts a
> question, individual replies are often sent directly. Why clog up the
> reflector with the original post and the answer, to other than the
> member involved, unless the post would be of help to everyone. This is
> my personal practice, and I have done so hundreds of times. We don't
> have many members interested in RTTY. Why bore the others?

Bore others or maybe do a little thought provoking?  Maybe someone new gets
their interest sparked from an ongoing conversation, or if all else fails,
answering questions about RTTY on the reflector?  You may bore five people,
but if you spark the interest of one new person, I would think you have
achieved something.

> As for the other questions he asks, there are other reflectors who
> directly address every single one. Contesting.com is probably the
> better. Towertalk is also another good one.

In case the point was missed, I was not asking any questions at all.

> As for radio x, a simple Google inquiry will probably give you
> thousands of hits. Including posts from other reflectors.

My goodness......thanks for the tremendous help here Ed. It's an excellent
example of how to kill interest.

Tom - W4BQF