[SECC] Re: A long post

Subject: [SECC] Re: A long post
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (K4SB)
Date: Sat Sep 4 10:37:33 2004
I think Lee wrote the first part below.

> > I'm  all for keeping "dead wood" on the roster that may only
> > submit a score once every three years.  That way their
> > points go in the aggregate, otherwise we get nothing.

With all due respect to Lee, this is not a good idea. It only
increases the workload of those trying to drum up support, and makes
maintaining a Club roster an impossible task.
Why is it so difficult to have a "good idea" of whom we can expect a
couple of scores each year.

And Bill Coleman wrote:

> Maybe so. Of course, there are folks who have moved out of the circle
> without informing us, who can't really contribute scores now anyway.

There are also folks who are in the circle who have not contributed
scores to the SECC, but to Clubs in the area they live. I think every
TN member falls into this category.
I'd have to run my program, but on the theory that they could be
eliminated, it would result in a significant shift to the South and
South East which may result in picking up
SECC members who are not currently in the circle.

And, just for the record, Bill has done one hell of fine job!

73
Ed