A long post about the SECC...was: Re: [SECC]

Subject: A long post about the SECC...was: Re: [SECC]
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (K4SB)
Date: Thu Sep 2 23:37:25 2004
Lee Hiers wrote:
----------------
> K4SB is a stickler on the by-laws (and this isn't an attack Ed!), but
> the honest truth of the matter is that the ONLY reason there are any
> written by-laws at all is because the ARRL required us to submit them
> when we applied for affiliated club status.
------------------
I don't agree with Lee on all his points, but I would like to point
out that if the ARRL requires the Constitution and By-Laws, we'd
better comply if we want to continue as an
affiliated Club. And I don't take your remarks as an "attack", Lee.

And I think you will find that for a Club Station, the FCC requires a
Constitution and By-Laws as well as written minutes be kept, and must
be submitted to the FCC upon request.

As for our WEB page, it is a disgrace. It still displays directions to
the funeral home where Bill's services were held. It has been over 8
months since Bill's death. W8JI
has still not submitted the proper documentation for the Club to take
Bill's call. And the C&Bls have not been updated for over 2 years. And
that in itself is a violation of ARRL policy.

As for cleaning up the "deadwood", I would suggest that we start by
eliminating all those members who don't even care enough about this
Club to subscribe to the reflector. And if they have failed to submit
the 2 logs as required, make that the next step.

It's not the size of a Club which matters, but rather the members. And
right now, I can't think of over a dozen or so who rightfully deserve
membership. But, I'd trust those to guard my back in a second. And
Lee, you're one of them.

The most difficult part of all this is I personally admire and like
all of our members I have met, which may be precious few.

73
Ed