[SECC]

Subject: [SECC]
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (K4SB)
Date: Thu Sep 2 12:25:06 2004
Lee Hiers wrote:
> 2) The club was originally established to not have meetings in the
> normal sense, but to distribute them as much as possible so that all
> members could meet the former 2 meetings / year by attending the
> event of their choice.  So we've had meetings in Shelby, Huntsville,
> even Dayton, I believe.

No problems at all with the above, except this meeting will be to
elect officers for the
upcoming year.

Everyone is reminded that the Constitution and By Laws are not correct
as shown on the SECC web page, but were amended so that every club
member may vote by email or any other means. And that includes
telephone, snail mail, and every other way, including designation of
someone else to cast a "proxy" vote on your behalf. And that person
who may cast the proxy, is obligated to cast your vote as you wish,
which may be in conflict with the vote he/she may actually cast for
their own. Any officer of the club must agree to act as a "receiver"
of such proxies. But, any other member may do so also.

Since this hamfest is fast approaching, I believe it is time for those
individuals who are willing to run for office say so to the reflector.
Simply putting forth a slate of candidates at Shelby is not
acceptable.

73
Ed