[SECC] This weekend's contests

Subject: [SECC] This weekend's contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri Jul 2 13:42:18 2004
Hello all:

Happy fourth!

It appears that I will have insufficient time to summarize the contest
rules for this weekend.  There is one international contest CW/SSB
(Venezuela) that seems to have little activity each year, 2 QRP contests
plus the QRP Spartan Sprint (see previous message), an international
lighthouse contest CW/SSB/digital and two RTTY and/or digital contests.
  The WA7BNM weekly contest calendar summarizes the essentials and gives
you the URL for the complete rules for each.  You can get that at:
http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/weeklycont.php.  I was going to cut
and paste it into this message, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Note that on Monday evening the 4 hr Mi QRP July 4 contest runs 23 to 03
Z and the Spartan Sprint (see previous message) runs 01 to 03Z.  The
frequencies and exchanges will be similar except that the Mi QRP gang
will send their Mi QRP number instead of their power.  I'd suggest you
might want to work the Mi QRP contest and, after 01Z, when there is a
new influx of activity, be sure to ask for power from anyone who gives
you a MiQRP number.  Then submit 4 hours to MiQRP and the same last two
hours to Spartan Sprint.  I'll probably try to get my SO2R setup going
again for the QRP contests.  I had a ball doing that in the last QRP
contest I entered.  I do now now have some borrowed bandpass filters to
experiment with for higher power SO2R and will probably try to get that
going with QRO for the IARU RS the next weekend.

Hope we get enough dry weather to mow the grass sometime over the
weekend.  It is looking very green and is badly in need of being trimmed.

73,

John, K4BAI.